The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit book is about different techniques that help us architect software in a better and more efficient way with microservices packed as immutable containers, tested and deployed continuously to servers that are automatically provisioned with configuration management tools. It’s about fast, reliable and continuous deployments with zero-downtime and ability to roll-back. It’s about scaling to any number of servers,
The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit is about scaling to any number of servers, design of self-healing systems capable of recuperation from both hardware and software failures and about centralized logging and monitoring of the cluster.
In other words, this The DevOps 2.0 Toolkit ebook envelops the whole microservices development and deployment lifecycle using some of the latest and greatest practices and tools. We’ll use Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ubuntu, Docker Swarm and Docker Compose, Consul, etcd, Registrator, confd, Jenkins, and so on. We’ll go through many practices and, even more, tools.
Finally, while there will be a lot of theory, this is a hands-on book. You won’t be able to complete it by reading it in a metro on a way to work. You’ll have to read this book while in front of a computer getting your hands dirty. Eventually, you might get stuck and in need of help. Or you might want to write a review or comment on the book’s content. Please post your thoughts on the DevOps 2.0 Toolkit channel in Disqus. If you prefer one-on-one discussion, feel free to send me an email to email@example.com, or to contact me on HangOuts, and I’ll give my best to help you out.
What You Will Learn in the The DevOps ebook:
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Devops
- Architect efficient software in a better and more efficient way with the help of microservices
- Use Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ubuntu, Docker Swarm and more
- Implement fast, reliable and continuous deployments with zero-downtime and ability to roll-back
- Learn about centralized logging and monitoring of your cluster
- Design self-healing systems capable of recovery from both hardware and software failures
Table of Content
Sumarry of Content
- Preface vii
- Chapter 1: The DevOps Ideal 1
- Chapter 2: The Implementation Breakthrough – Continuous Deployment, Microservices, and Containers 7
- Chapter 3: System Architecture 25
- Chapter 4: Setting Up the Development Environment with Vagrant and Docker 51
- Chapter 5: Implementation of the Deployment Pipeline – Initial Stages 65
- Chapter 6: Configuration Management in the Docker World 83
- Chapter 7: Implementation of the DeploymentPipeline – Intermediate Stages 95
- Chapter 8: Service Discovery – The Key to Distributed Services 105
- Chapter 9: Proxy Services 151
- Chapter 10: Implementation of the DeploymentPipeline – The Late Stages 175
- Chapter 11: Automating Implementation of the Deployment Pipeline 183
- Chapter 12: Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment Tools 197
- Chapter 13: Blue-Green Deployment 231
- Chapter 14: Clustering and Scaling Services 265
- Chapter 15: Self-Healing Systems 315
- Chapter 16: Centralized Logging and Monitoring 365
- Chapter 17: Farewell 415
- Index 439
Offer expires 3/29/17.